It is important to show to the children how to use the camera and tablet to increase learning. Cameras or tablets should be presented as devices that must be handled with care. Children often know this from home.
Rules when using a camera:
- The camera likes clean hands
- Hold the camera steady
- Hold the camera carefully
- Share the camera with your friends
- Wait for your turn
There are children who quickly learn how to hold the camera steady and take a targeted photo. Other children will be less precise when taking pictures. In any case, it is advisable to have the children take and be taken photos and to look at the pictures, as this gives them a feeling of ability and achievement. In addition, it is easy to see which topic a child has chosen and what they are interested in.
Firstly, it would be a good idea to talk to the children about the basic functions of the camera or tablet:
- How can I switch on the device?
- How do I take a photo?
- How do I hold the camera steady?
- Where can I view the photos in my device?
- How can I delete a photo that hasn't turned out so good?
- How do I take close-ups?
There are different photo perspectives, which have different effects. Some of the most important perspectives:
Basic Shot Types
1. What rules are meaningful for preschool children when using a camera at ECEC?
2. What are the basic shot types?
3. What is the difference between a big close-up and an extreme close-up?
4. What are the basic perspectives of photos and how can you achieve them?